1. It’s no secret that former president Barack Obama cleans up well. The man looks great in a suit.
And yes, of course Michelle Obama always looks great too, but we’re here to discuss Mr. Obama today.
3. The thing is, though, not even Obama could make dad jeans cool — they’re so big and the color is so plain.
5. But that all seemed to change when Mr. Obama recently appeared looking like he just walked off a runway in Milan, wearing fitted jeans, a crisp ironed shirt, and a leather jacket.
6. It definitely looks like someone has been reading GQ.
7. *Tyra Banks voice* You are safe from elimination this week, Obama, and you will continue on in the hope of becoming America’s Next Top Model.
8. Of course, the change in his style has not gone unnoticed by people on Twitter. “How dare you, sir,” one user tweeted in response to the style upgrade.
Barack Obama gave us 8 years of “dad jeans” knowing all the while that this was possible. How dare you sir!
— J.A.B. (@MsJamilaAisha)
9. Folks certainly approve.
No more “dad jeans” for President Obama. He looks so stylish! https://t.co/deyT7T6Y7j
— Makho Ndlovu (@makhondlovu)
10. The dad jeans are no more, at least for now.
Dude finally lost the dad jeans. #obama https://t.co/clFcZgKAqt
— Clive Veroni (@CliveVeroni)
11. “I guess I’ll do a little modeling now.” —Obama, probably
President Barack Obama out here living his best life and looking like the next cover of GQ
— Bougie Banton (@_KingNeek)
12. Here’s to being a fashion icon,* Mr. Obama.
*Even though all credit probably goes to Mrs. Obama.