1. A couple of months ago, Kendall Jenner sent the internet into a tailspin when she posted these photos of herself, weeks after deleting her Instagram.
2. People were quick to suggest that Kendall’s lips looked bigger – and accused her of deleting her Instagram account in order to cover up the fact she’d had surgery.
Kendall deletes Instagram for a few days because it’s “consuming her life” and she comes back with Kylie lips ?
— Keani (@KeaniCakes)
Wow! Really is #TimeoftheTwins ? @KendallJenner and @KylieJenner lips identical…… ?
— Lizbeth Torres ? (@lizbethCTorres)
Kendall got her lips done Me and the rest of America :
— SAF (@miskeen__)
5. Kylie later took to Snapchat to explain that she had “overlined” Kendall’s lips that day – and that’s why she looked different.
Kylie posted a snap explaining: “You guys, Kendall let me overline her lips today with lipliner, and now everyone thinks she’s had lip injections. I’m sorry, Kendall!”
6. Well, now Kendall has decided to respond to the suggestion that she’s had surgery. Writing on her app, she explained in more detail the reason why Kylie had done her makeup that day – and that she’d loved the look.
When I deleted my Instagram back in November, people were saying: “Kendall deleted her account to have full facial reconstruction!” I think they might have been referencing the day Kylie and I did a livestream for our book. We had to hurry, so I let Ky do my face. I never wear lipliner or lipstick unless it’s the occasional obvious red. I left all of the makeup on because we were so rushed and I went out and did my thing. I LOVED my makeup. I never say this, but I just felt so pretty.
8. She went on to say that Kylie had stepped in to “take the blame” after intense speculation about Kendall’s face.
All of a sudden, photos of us came out with headlines like: “OMG Kendall got her lips done and got full facial reconstruction – look at her cheekbones, look at her nose!” Kylie saw it all unfold and felt bad, so she went on Snapchat and took the blame.
10. Kendall concluded by saying that, because she’s a model, having surgery wouldn’t “make sense” and that she feels “exhausted” by the speculation.
It’s all so exhausting. As a model, why would I have my face reconstructed? It doesn’t even make sense. It’s crazy because sometimes I feel like people just want me to lose. People forget that they’re talking about real people who have real feelings and actually live their every day lives (for the most part) just like everyone else.