1. This is Alyssa Milano, an actor most known for her roles on television shows like Who’s the Boss and Charmed.
2. Over the weekend, Milano debuted a new look: cornrows.
Cornrows are a traditionally black hairstyle, and its origins date back thousands of years. In recent years, the subject of who can rock the ‘do has been debated by people as prominent as Kareem Abdul-Jabbar to the paper of record, The New York Times.
3. On Instagram, people immediately began commenting on the look of the braids.
5. Some even referred to her by her Charmed character’s name as a way of calling her out.
7. Naturally, the photo was spread across the internet, and an eagle-eyed person looked beyond Milano’s braids and turned their attention to the people in the background of the photo.
— Philip Lewis (@Phil_Lewis_)
8. ::stares in confusion::
9. Of course, people had a field day, with a ton of people cracking up at the faces of the three people staring at Milano.
10. And many began tagging friends in the image so that they could laugh together.
12. More of the same jokes continued on that platform, too.
— Neal Carter (@nealcarter)
13. Some didn’t even recognize that it was Milano.
@Phil_Lewis_ Is that Alyssa Milano? IM FUCKING SCREAMING
— Jason (@IsotopeRose)
14. And reaction GIFs were aplenty as people weighed in on the hairstyle.
— AlternativeBlack?? (@Honey_Bee2)